* Acceptable formats for imprinting are AI, PDF, and EPS files.
* Vector artwork is required. If vector artwork cannot be provided, we can have your art vectorized for a fee. Please inquire with your Sales Representiative for pricing.
* The text should be at a minimum font size of 6pt.
* The text must be converted to outlines prior to submission. A limited number of fonts are supported.
* The line weight should be no smaller than 0.25pt
* The line weight, when knocked out of another shape, should be no smaller than 0.5pt
* Gradients cannot be achieved with imprinting. For printing gradients the art will have to be printed via Full Color.
* Trademark (R) and TM marks should be no smaller than 0.08 inches or 2mm in diameter. Otherwise they will close up during imprinting.
* All spot colors shoul be provided in PMS solid coated colors. If you need your colors converted to PMS solid coated we will be happy to do this for you.
* School shields, emblems and crests are generally very difficult to imprint at reduced sizes. We recommend selecting the largest drive to accomodate the logo, or using text only when allowed.
For Full Color (CMYK):
* Acceptable formats for files for full color printing are PSD, AI, PDF, EPS, TIFF and JPG.
* Full Color art for the credit card drive series must contain a bleed of 1/8" on all sides.
* Files for full color printing must be at a resolution of 300dpi or higher (dpi refers to dots per inch).
* The text within the art must be vector or converted to outlines.
* The text should be at a minimum font size of 6pt or larger.
What is Vector?
Vector art is the use of points, lines, curves and shapes, based on mathematical expressions.
They can be scaled to any size without losing image quality, thus becoming "fuzzy" or "pixelated".
See below to help visualize the differences between vector art and raster art (images made up of pixels, generally photos).
A JPEG or PNG file looks like this when selected:
Vector looks like this when selected:
Also, you will notice that the edges of the jpeg are not clear.
That is why we need Vector art.
The edges will print clearly at any size